cf. Changes from 3.2.0-rc.2.
- Improve File Drop feature:
- Now, you can add a file drop setting only for a specific syntax style.
- Add description field to the setting table.
- Draw capsule for variables in the insertion format setting field.
- Update the default file drop settings.
- Now, key binding snippets can set cursor position.
- Add “Surround Selection With” actions to “Text” menu.
- Add a new AppleScript/JXA command
write to consoleso that users can insert own message to the CotEditor's console.
- Add syntax style for “Fortran”.
- Change syntax style detection behavior to set to “None” style if no appropriate style can be found on file opening.
- Significantly improve the performance of “Replace All” with a large document.
- Avoid hiding console panel when CotEditor becomes not the frontmost application.
- Reduce highlight parsing time with large size document.
- Improve performance of closing large size document.
- Improve drawing performance of a large size document with a non-opaque background (Not enough good as an opaque one but still better than before).
- Add hidden “Reload All Themes/Styles” menu item to theme/syntax style action menus in Preferences (visible with
- Enable changing text size with a single stroke by pressing and holding Touch Bar's Text Size button.
- Improve invisible character drawing on a non-opaque view.
- Improve auto-brackets/quotes insertion behavior with multiple selections.
- Improve the setting file naming rule for when the name overwraps with an existing setting.
- Improve condition to insert a closing quote automatically.
- Improve the encoding declaration detection.
- Update “Ruby” syntax style to fix commands highlight.
- Update “MATLAB” syntax style to fix strings highlight.
- Remove less useful “Inline script menu items into contextual menu” option.
- Update German localization (Thanks to J-rg!).
- And some minor improvements and fixes.
- Fix an issue where the application could hang up when lots of tabbed windows are about open.
- Fix an issue where the selections after “Replace All” in selection shifted one character.
- Fix an issue where the document syntax style could be back to the default if the current style was set manually and the document was modified by another process.
- Fix an issue where the status bar stopped updating after toggling the inspector sidebar.
- Fix an issue where the “Cancel” button in the dialog shown when changing the Auto Save setting in General pane didn't revert the actual setting state.
- Fix an issue where author of a theme was not shown in the Appearance pane.
- Fix an issue where width and height in the window size setting window were swapped.
- Fix an issue where current line highlight occasionally blinked unwontedly.
- Fix a possible crash on highlighting matching brace.
- Fix few memory leaks.
previous release notes