- beta: Adjust position of invisible line ending character on the RTL writing mode.
- beta: Tweak the layout of the “Sort by Pattern” dialog.
- Update Help contents style.
- Fix an issue where character inspector could expand vertically too much with some specific characters.
- Fix an issue where invisible symbols for control characters were not drawn in input fields in find panel.
- beta: Fix an issue where AppleScript (and JXA) could not communicate with some APIs.
- beta: Fix an issue where the views containing an encoding menu could display nothing under a specific setting condition.
- beta: Fix an issue where pasted URLs from specific applications missed the domain part.
- beta: Fix an issue where the current line highlight started at a wrong place on the RTL writing mode.
- Fix some unwanted title case in the preferences.
- Enable “shift right” and “shift left” commands to process multiple selections.
- beta: Swap actions for “shift right” and “shift left” in the RTL writing mode so that the indentation direction matchs to the command name.
- beta: Add “Keep the first line at the top” option to the pattern sort.
- beta: Add toolbar item toggling writing direction.
- beta: Update alignment icons in print pane.
- beta: Adjust layout of preferences panes.
- beta: Fix an issue where syntax style list became empty.
- beta: Fix an issue where page guide was drawn at a wrong position if editor is scaled and the writing direction is RTL.
- beta: Fix an issue where text did not changed to the RTL writing direction if lines are not wrapped.
- Fix scroll position in the help viewer on jumping to a help page from CotEditor.
- beta.2: Some texts that were added/changed after CotEditor 3.3.0-beta have not been localized yet.
- iCloud document.
- Open a document in the existing Untitled window that was created automatically on an open/reopen event, if exists.
- New feature “Sort by pattern,” which enables sort selected lines by specific column or fully freely using the regular expression.
- Add new setting option “Reopen windows from the last session on launch” in General pane.
- Add new setting option “including whitespace-only lines” for “trim trailing whitespace” command in General pane.
- Introduce “Right to Left” writing direction by changing the direction from Format > Writing Direction menu.
- More integrated Share feature:
- Share documents with other people through iCloud drive with “Add People” command in the File > Share menu.
- Enable sharing a document that has not been saved yet.
- Remove the feature that shares document content text from the File menu (You can still share selected text from the context menu).
- Other small improvements.
- Add new commands “Half-width to Full-width” and “Full-width to Half-width” to Text > Transformations menu.
- Add Portuguese localization (thanks to BR Lingo!).
- Add the following encodings to the encoding list (To activate new encodings, restore default once in Preferences > Format > Edit List.):
- Thai (Windows, DOS)
- Thai (ISO 8859-11)
- Change the system requirement to OS X 10.11 El Capitan and later.
- Add clear button to the input fields in the find panel.
- Gather the “open a new document” “on launch” and “when CotEditor becomes active” options and create new “When nothing else is open:” option.
- Scroll console view after getting a new message to make it visible.
- Display sharing window within the target document window.
- Swap position of “View” with “Format” menu to conform to the Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.
- Move the menu item changing the text orientation into Format > Writing Direction.
- Display full encoding name in the status bar instead of the IANA charset name.
- Add tooltips to the Unicode normalization forms in Text menu.
- Append “Option-Command-T” shortcut to “Show/Hide Toolbar” menu item.
- Remove “Color Code Panel” command from the “Window” menu (use “Edit Color Code…” command in “Text” menu instead).
- Remove “share find text with other applications” option.
- Restore the last viewed preference pane when Preferences is opened.
- Add an input field for the editor opacity setting.
- Adjust scroll after toggling line wrap.
- Add scroll margin to the right side of find panel fields dynamically, so that entire inputs can be seen even when find/replacement result is shown.
- Update Python syntax style:
- Fix highlight of string and bytes literals.
- Tweak acknowledgments window design.
- Some minor UI improvements and fixes.
- Update Japanese localization to conform with the modern macOS localization rules.
- Update the internal source code to Swift 4.
- non-AppStore ver.: Now, the application updater (Sparkle) can download and update CotEditor automatically, as like before CotEditor was Sandboxed.
- This feature can actually be used first updating CotEditor 3.3.0 to CotEditor 3.3.1 or later.
- Fix an issue where the word suggestion in the Touch Bar cannot insert a word starts with a symbol correctly, and, therefore, a workaround was added on CotEditor 3.2.3.
- Fix some unlocalized text.
previous release notes