cf. Changes from 3.5.0-rc.
- New toolbar icons.
- Highlight the same substrings of the selection automatically (Customize the behavior in General preferences pane).
- New option to allow overscrolling (Customize the behavior in Window preferences pane).
- Enable to change the tab width of a specific document to a desired number.
- Let the input fields in the find panel accept text scaling commands, such as “Bigger”, “Smaller” and “Reset to Default”.
- Add command “Select All Find Matches” in Find menu.
- Improve the editor's scrolling behavior to scroll along the predominant axis.
- Add menu item to toggle the visibility of the sidebar inspector.
- Remove some setting options for windows such as window size and visibilities of document inspector and status bar from Window preferences pane.
- From now on, the latest change to a window will be inherited to future windows just like other standard Cocoa applications.
- Remove “length” display in the status bar.
- Remove feature to change only the frontmost editor's opacity temporary.
- From this,
view opacityproperty on AppleScript is also deprecated.
- From this,
- Keep the cursor position as possible after the editor content is updated to the latest version modified by another process.
- Display current user's system-wide setting for window tabbing in the menu on the Window pane.
- Optimize the performance of character counting.
- Improve general stability of the print operation.
- Optimize auto URL detection with paste to a large document.
- Update Python syntax style for Python 3.7.
- Update Swift syntax style for Swift 4.2 and some improvements.
- trivial Update some Japanese localization.
- trivial Update editor opacity sample tips.
- trivial non-AppStore ver.: Update Sparkle framework.
- Fix an unlocalized text.
previous release notes