Highlights on CotEditor 4.5
- More convinient snippet feature
- The snippet feature has been reworked to handle more snippets more easily.
- Inspect scalar by scalar
- The character inspector provides more information for characters consist of multiple Unicode scalars.
- Scroll the editor to make the remaining cursor visible when canceling the multi-cursor editing mode.
- Fix the application could crash when the Invisibles toolbar item is displayed.
- trivial: Fix the shortcut key display for the mic key in the Key Bindings pane.
- Renew the snippets feature to enable naming it, changing the order, and performing from the menu.
- Add the Insert Snippet submenu to the Text menu.
- Add a new scope “syntax style” to the snippet feature to perform snippets only in a specific syntax style.
- Add a new variable “selection” to the snippet feature to place the currently selected text to the inserted text.
- Enable the character inspector to inspect more information about each Unicode scalar that makes up a character.
- Reconstruct the Snippets (ex. File Drop) and Key Bindings panes in the Settings window.
- Allow single function key stroke for a keyboard shortcut.
- Update item order of the Edit menu.
- Change counting characters/lines/words to count all elements in multiple selections.
- Change the threshold to trigger the automatic completion to 3 letters to optimize calculation time by large documents.
_ as a character for completion candidates.
- Synchronize the visibility of all navigation/status bars in the application.
- Optimize the performance of text editing while URL linking is enabled.
- Make filter highlights of the outline list more legible in the Dark Mode.
- Update Swift syntax style to add keywords for Swift 5.8.
- Deprecate the Insert Encoding Name command (use AppleScript instead).
- Update the help contents.
- non-AppStore ver.: Update Sparkle from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2.
- dev: Update Yams from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5.
- Fix an issue in the search window that an error dialog for invalid regular expression appeared even on incremental search.
- Fix an issue that the application did not terminate when no documents exist and the application goes background.
- Fix an issue that the Replace button in the Find window did not select the next match.
- Fix an issue on macOS 12 that the buttons at the bottom were not aligned.
- Fix an issue that all URL links were removed when an external process updated the document.
- Fix the redo action label for the line endings conversion and file encoding change.
previous release notes