- Support macOS 14 Sonoma.
- Add the “Kind” option to syntax definitions to set the syntax is for “general” or “code.”
- Add feature to set the editor font depending of the syntax kind.
- Add the monospaced font setting to the Appearance settings pane.
- Add feature to switch the monospaced/proportional font to the Fonts toolbar item.
- Copy the matched lines by selecting rows in the find result view and performing the Copy command.
- Add option to disable the inconsistent line endings dialog entirely (not recommended).
- Add Spanish localization (thanks to Agustin Borrego!).
- Change the system requirement to macOS 13 Ventura and later.
- Update the behavior and look of the inspector pane.
- Add “Use system color” option to the cursor color in the theme setting view.
- Update the character inspector to add labels for each item and show the Unicode version.
- Make sure to perform the automatic whitespace trimming every time before explicit saving by the user.
- Migrate the sharing interface to the modern version.
- Reorganize the Settings window.
- Remove the Print settings in the Settings window (Instead, set print settings directly in the Print dialog).
- Add a font size field to the print dialog.
- Deprecate the option to do nothing when no document is opened on startup.
- Deprecate the cursor type option.
- Deprecate the option to swap ¥ and \ keys.
- Deprecate the option to comment always from the line head (This behavior is now always enabled).
- Deprecate the Color Code toolbar button.
- Update the User Guide.
- Update the Unicode block name list for the character inspector to Unicode 15.1.0.
- Update the Swift syntax to add keywords for Swift 5.9.
- trivial: Migrate the Opacity toolbar item to popover in macOS 14.
- trivial: Disable the zoom button in the find & replace windows.
- trivial: Disable the contextual menu for shortcut fields.
- trivial: Reduce the maximum number of editors to split into.
- trivial: Change the behavior of the duplication command for syntax definitions to just create a duplicated syntax instead of opening the syntax editor dialog.
- trivial: Rename “syntax style” with just “syntax.”
- non-AppStore ver.: Update Sparkle from 2.4.2 to 2.5.0.
- dev: Update the build environment to Xcode 15 (Swift 5.9).
- Fix an issue that the Settings window was not listed in the Window menu.
- The toolbar customization will be reset at the first launch of CotEditor 4.6.0.
previous release notes