- Add an option “Indent with Tab key” to the Edit pane in preferences.
- Change the behavior of
⌘←so that the cursor moves first to the beginning of the visual lines, then to the column right after indentation, and finally to the beginning of the line.
- Remove “Open Hidden” command (Use “Show hidden files” option in the open dialog instead).
- Display an open dialog on launch if so set even when iCloud storage is disabled.
- Improve stability on text encoding change.
- Refine dialog messages on text encoding change.
- Change sidebar behavior to close inward when it was opened inward because of insufficient space.
- Avoid requiring high power GPU use.
- trivial: Hide insertion point in shortcut input fields in the Key Binding pane.
- trivial: Set a spoken name of CotEditor.
- trivial: Add
enablesAsynchronousSavinghidden default key that enables asynchronous saving.
- non-AppStore ver.: Update Sparkle framework.
- Fix a long-standing issue where incompatible characters could not be detected when the length of converted document text is changed.
- Fix an issue where key-binding setting field sometimes ignored user input.
- Fix an issue where wrong file creation date and file permission could be displayed in the document inspector.
- Fix an issue where document files did not forget vertical orientation state when once set before.
- Fix an issue where the encoding selected in the open dialog last time was unwantedly applied to the newly opened document when a document opened with the open dialog previously had already opened.
- Fix an issue where menu item title for “Horizontal” (in Format > Writing Direction) was displayed as “Vertical” in Japanese localization.
previous release notes